The traditional HR role has evolved over the past 10 years. HR professionals have moved from a conventional administrative role to being a more strategic business partner within the organization.
Companies are putting more emphasis on employee well-being and employee engagement. HR still encompasses the traditional recruiting and hiring role, but there’s so much more to the HR department these days.
Because of all these changes, it’s important that we keep up with the industry as a whole, which is why pulse surveys are so valuable.
This week, #WorkTrends host Meghan M. Biro welcomed Cory Mau, Director of Corporate Strategy and Planning and Leah Machado Director of HR Services of Paychex. Cory and Leah discussed the findings of the 2017 Paychex Pulse of HR Survey.
Here are a few key points Cory and Leah shared:
- 75% of HR pros feel that HR tech has helped them get a seat at the table
- 86% of survey respondents said HR analytics have really helped them make informed decisions
- HR tech has been key to HR’s shift from the admin toward the strategic
- Employee engagement doesn’t rest squarely on the shoulders of HR, but HR can definitely lead the way
- Data and analytics are not the same thing. Know the difference and proceed with caution.
Download a full copy of the 2017 Paychex Pulse of HR Survey here.
Did you miss the show? You can listen to the #WorkTrends podcast on our BlogTalk Radio channel here: http://bit.ly/2f6cx6o
You can also check out the highlights of the conversation from our Storify here:
Didn’t make it to this week’s #WorkTrends show? Don’t worry, you can tune in and participate in the podcast and chat with us every Wednesday from 1-2pm ET (10-11am PT).
Remember, the TalentCulture #WorkTrends conversation continues every day across several social media channels. Stay up-to-date by following our #WorkTrends Twitter stream; pop into our LinkedIn group to interact with other members. Engage with us any time on our social networks, or stay current with trending World of Work topics on our website or through our weekly email newsletter.
Image Credit: PayChex