Best Practices for Culture, Connection and Engagement
It’s no secret that crisis and change can create upheaval for business continuity: we’re living through that right now. But businesses are not made on processes alone. In order to flex, adapt, and thrive in the face of disruption, organizations need to focus not just on business continuity, but on their culture continuity. A new Achievers survey of over 1,000 employees found that the pandemic took a heavy toll on culture alignment, resulting in decreased alignment and disengagement.
Join Meghan M. Biro for a look into the most important business strategy we’ve learned in 2020, and insights on how to build culture continuity entering 2021. Organizations that focus on culture continuity ensure that business processes remain aligned with core values and employees remain engaged and connected despite the turmoil. Meghan will reveal the best questions to gauge the resilience of your work culture and the sentiments of your workforce, and the most effective actions you can take to boost cohesiveness and engagement.
In this fast-paced webinar you will learn:
- The link between business continuity and employee engagement
- How to assess how your business maintains culture alignment
- How to leverage culture continuity to adapt, flex and thrive
- The 4 key components of surveying employee engagement
- The best questions to ask about employee sentiment
- How to transform science-based insights into action
This webinar has been approved for HRCI credit issuance.