As an employer in today’s unpredictable environment, you need an edge to keep your people engaged and performing at their best.
When it comes to employee experience, no organization can afford to make mistakes. But larger organizations are particularly vulnerable when it comes to a miscalculation at scale. To find out what truly makes today’s workforce tick, Topia commissioned a landmark survey on employee experience — and found startling disparities between what employees want and what HR thinks they want. The data shows we’re missing the mark. Just 17% of employees rate their employee experience as excellent, and there are countless reasons why, from bad managers to tedious administrative tasks to lack of global mobility, and more.
Join Meghan M. Biro, CEO and Founder of TalentCulture, and Steve Black, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Topia, for a fast-paced, data-driven dive into the realities of employee experience today. From changing circumstances and evolving culture to new expectations, there’s never been a more important time to understand your workforce’s wants and needs.
- Why there’s such a perception gap when it comes to employee experience
- How to identify the negatives holding back your employee experience
- Why sophisticated software and apps aren’t enough
- How employers can better balance tech, relationships, opportunity, and recognition
- How to give employees the growth they crave — and will stay with an employer for
- How to meet the ambitions of 18-38-year-olds — a critical demographic for building your workforce
In this phenomenally tight labor market, turnover can break an organization — despite successful recruiting and hiring. But it takes far more than just data and analytics to drill into why employees leave. Best in class companies take that critical next step to understand the factors that push your talent out the door. They work the data through a savvy framework of expertise, taking measurements on a range of touchpoints. They gain insight on not just who left, but who might leave — and why. Then they harness that insight to craft a positive, actionable, lasting strategy that reduces turnover and increases retention and engagement.
Join Meghan M. Biro, CEO of TalentCulture and Megan Maslanka, Director of Client Success at Quantum Workplace, for this savvy look at why employees leave — and how to stop it.
Data-driven marketing is all about…the data. To get the performance you want from your MarTech systems, learn the most common marketing data fails and how to overcome them. If you want to boost the performance of your marketing campaigns and get the conversion rates you’re looking for, sign up for this webinar now.
Engage with experts from Openprise and The Marketing Scope as they share:
- How to assess if data quality is holding your campaigns back.
- Best practices to improve the data you already have.
- How to improve your segmentation and personalization efforts. (hint: it’s not about buying more data.)
- Which business processes to focus on to get the most bang for your buck.