Oh my! There are going to be so many awesome sessions and speakers at this month’s Tech Conference that the challenge becomes how to maximise the best learnings while in Vegas.
Here are my six must-attend events to attend while at the industry’s biggest show of the year.
1. Opening Night Reception in Expo
Get going in style. This will be your first opportunity to enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres while you connect with other 2015 attendees, browse the exhibits and talk with vendors. This is always a super opportunity to get a jump start on your visits to the almost 300 vendors in the Expo Hall before the first full day of sessions even begins!
2. Opening Keynote With Marcus Buckingham: Centering on Team Leaders: Data-Driven Strategies for Revitalizing Engagement and Performance Management
Marcus Buckingham, Founder of The Marcus Buckingham Company, and New York Times best-selling author will walk attendees through new and proven data-driven strategies for revitalizing engagement and performance. Marcus will discuss a radically new approach to equipping team leaders with what they need to breathe new life into their engagement and performance-management systems. Beginning with why team leaders are more crucial than ever in organizations today, he will go on to share a proven blueprint that leverages reliable and frequent data (targeted to those areas where organizations need the data most) to create a far more powerful and integrated approach.
3. The Monday Night After-Hours Party Sponsored by: Cornerstone
Happening at the amazing House of Blues Concert Hall. This fun evening will feature a DJ, live performance from The Wallflowers, dancing, cocktails and more! RSVP at csod.com/hrtech
4. The All New HR Tech Hackathon
The first-ever HR Tech Hackathon, held on Tuesday afternoon, promises to be a fascinating new addition to the conference this year and I can’t wait!
This exciting development competition will feature teams of engineers and designers from many of the leading HR technology solution providers, as well as some emerging HR tech providers eager to make their mark. Starting Sunday, the teams will have less than 48 hours to design, build and then demonstrate live on stage brand-new solutions that address real HR and business challenges.
Then you’ll help choose the winning innovation. It’s a great way to see the latest HR technology thinking in action, giving you an exclusive window into the process, culture and capabilities of leading vendors — invaluable insights to have for your next HR technology investment.
The Cool New Session Will Feature:
- Boris Kozak, Director of Engineering, Jibe
- Hunter Powers, Manager of Software Engineering, Jibe
- John Hatcher, Software Engineering Manager, Jibe
- Shamir Saddler, Software Engineer, Jibe
- Vish Viswanathan – Enterprise Architect, Salesforce
- Alisa DiStaso, Lead – HR & Employee Engagement PMO, Salesforce
- Shane McLaughlin, Principal Solution Engineer, Salesforce
5. Closing Day Keynote: Unleashing the Power of Openness with James “Jim” Whitehurst, President and CEO of Red Hat, and author of The Open Organization: Igniting Passion and Performance
In a constantly accelerating landscape, how can companies stay competitive with limited resources? Could a cultural transformation hold the keys to enhancing business performance? From his years leading vertical organizations and managing tech companies, Jim Whitehurst has experienced the full spectrum of corporate structures.
Jim will share candid advice about configuring and leading an open organization in today’s fast-paced, highly connected environment. He’ll also explore how such an open model can be incorporated into organizations of any size to help you fuel greater levels of passion, engagement and performance.
6. Special #TChat Show – Live From HR Tech
Don’t forget to take an hour away from all of those awesome Speakers and seminars to tune in for the special #TChat show live from the event at 1pm ET on Wednesday 21st October.
With guests Susan Vitale, Chief Marketing Officer at iCIMS; Lori Sylvia, Chief Marketing Officer at SmashFly; and Michele Ellner, Director of Marketing at Montage joining Meghan and Kevin, the special on-site show promises to be amazing!
Looking forward to meeting you at the Conference and Expo. Until then fellow tech enthusiasts..